Friday, December 17, 2010

Dollar Tree Christmas Challenge

Somehow in between holiday shopping, decorating, school parties and planning a baby shower (future post), I found time to enter a holiday craft contest. Dollar Tree is sponsoring a really cool challenge to "create a holiday-themed decoration using materials totaling $20 or less". I stumbled across this contest last week when I was shopping for items for this post. I immediately knew what I wanted to make - see if you can figure it out.

I used these products...



and these too...



Any guesses? It's a gingerbread house!



One of my favorite things is to find creative ways to use items not for their intended purpose. This challenge gave me a lot of chances to do just that. For instance, I used a light brown non-slip shelf liner for the gingerbread walls. I also found some great plastic clothes lines that looked like peppermint sticks - they are used for the trim on the house. But my absolute favorite item on the house is a plastic popcorn container - it's the roof!



The craft that receives the most votes will be declared the winner. The voting period runs from now through Dec 29 (only 1 vote per day is allowed). I would love it if you could swing over to Dollar Tree's site and vote for my little house here (click on the image - a vote button is present in the lower right corner).



Thanks so much for your support!

7 comments:

Tiffani said...

WOW! I wish I had the ability to work magic like that. Fabulous!

Jane said...

You are too clever, I cannot wait to see the baby shower post. Wishing you a very happy Christmas my blogging friend, Jane:)

LaToya said...

I voted! Good luck!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Wow - thanks for the support! I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! You are fabulous and of course you have my vote! Best of luck!

Tini Posh said...

Super clever!! Great job!!

Unknown said...

You are soooo talented! Vote is in! -- Janita

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com