Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Decorating with Christmas Lights

Last year I racked up on tree lights during my annual day after Christmas shopping spree. I bought a ton of those old school C9 lights (see below) for next to nothing. So now I feel compelled to do something creative with them to justify the purchase.



Here are a couple of super easy things you can make using Christmas lights to decorate your house for the holidays.


Idea #1: A Topiary

Over the summer I participated in (and won!) a Christmas in July contest that Kendra at My Insanity was hosting. Now that December is finally here I can pull out the topiary and display it in my hallway! You can find the directions for creating the topiary here.




Idea #2: A Candle Centerpiece

For this idea you'll of course need Christmas lights, a glass vase and a candle. All you need to do is insert the candle in the vase and surround it with the lights. So easy and kind of nice to look at too!



Here's a close-up...



I love the image of Christmas lights "giving off" candlelight, but one other idea is to place a poinsettia plant in the vase instead of a candle.

Happy decorating!


2 comments:

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I love the candle with the lights, very creative!

Unknown said...

Fantastic ideas! I love how you used those light bulbs and the candle as Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation!~

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com