Thursday, November 11, 2010

Craft Wars - The Saga Begins

I recently hooked up with a fantastic group of party people over at the Children's Party Network. In additional to all of the great party info, the network recently became even more fun with the addition of Craft Wars - a crafting challenge!



The inaugural challenge for Craft Wars is to create a child's party-related item using a cereal box as craft material. My first reaction was to take a pass on this one, but I love a good challenge!

A few years ago I saw an article in Parents magazine about constructing a carousel cake topper using popsicle sticks. So I decided to tweak that idea for this challenge. I used parts of cereal boxes to form the tent and the carousel horses. Here's the result...



And then my son insisted that I include a nice glass of milk to go with the cake...



Thanks to the folks over at CPN for coming up with such a clever contest. I can't wait for the next challenge!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! this is soo cute and creative! I'm impressed!

Genevieve Richer said...

DUDE!!! Really?!!! Should the rest of us even bother entering?!!! lmao
This freakin ROCKS!
Genevieve (AKA Superchick!)
www.celebrate2da.com

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

So freakin cute!!!

Tini Posh said...

WOW!! Love!!

Hatter and Hare Events said...

Hey - Thanks for all of the super sweet comments...it's so cool to be in the company of such supportive peeps!

The Party Muse said...

OMG, this is fantastic!!! Great job!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

Totally love this!

Laura - Eye Candy Creative Studio said...

love it - AWESOME-ness!

Leslie said...

So incredibly cute and creative! I think this just gave me an idea....thanks for the inspiration!

Tish said...

This is awesome ... I love this!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com