Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DIY Elmo Party Revisited

In light of all the news coverage that Elmo has been getting lately, I started thinking about the Elmo-themed party that I threw a couple of years ago - you can read about it here. I thought it would be fun to come up with new ideas that I might use if I had the Elmo party today. So here are those ideas...

Place Cards: A really easy idea for a place card (or food label) is to "doodle" on a piece of cardstock paper and attach crayons to it.



Centerpiece: A few months ago I created some centerpiece ideas that I shared here. I took this basic idea and Elmo-ized it.



Plates: I recently created some Halloween-themed plates. Again, using this same idea, I made Elmo and Dorothy (his favorite pet) plates...



Placemats: Have you ever noticed the adorable pictures that hang on the wall in the Elmo's World episodes? A really easy idea for placemats is to draw those pictures using crayons on a piece of cardstock and laminate them.



Food: I thought it would be fun to create Elmo using food. Here's the result...



The items needed for this vegetable tray are:
Head = Grape Tomatoes
Nose = Mini Carrots
Mouth = Black Olives
Eyes = Ranch Dressing

This same look can be achieved using a fruit tray. Here's how:
Head = Strawberries
Nose = Mandarin Oranges
Mouth = Black Grapes
Eyes = Banana Slices

Hope these ideas are helpful if you're planning an Elmo-themed event!


11 comments:

Kustom Kreations by Elisha Akram said...

Too cute!

Kristy {the purple pug} said...

You are the BEST! So cute..

Lindsey said...

I'm pretty sure you're a genious!

Karin Marie said...

I love this! I will deff be using this for my daughter's 2nd birthday! soo cute & easy! I love that! :)

Karin Marie :)

Evin said...

You just saved my 2 year old's birthday party! I'll take pics! THANK YOU!

Jamie said...

That elmo veggie tray may just be the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! I may have to bring one to my next potluck! College kids still like elmo, right?!

Emily said...

TOO CUTE!! Definitely doing this for my daughter's 2nd birthday! Do you have a template for the Elmo centerpiece?

Heather - Chickabug said...

Hi Kriston! I shared your paper plate idea on my blog -

http://www.chickabug.com/blog/2012/01/sesame-street-party-decor-ideas.html

They are just SO sweet! Thank you for the inspiration! : )

Anonymous said...

Wow. I feel like I hit a goldmine. thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love the Elmo vegetable tray. You could easily create the other Sesame Street characters using other fruit or vegetables too... I am thinking a blueberry Cookie monster and a broccoli Oscar the grouch!

Unknown said...

I love your creative ideas. The placemats from the Elmo's World pictures is awesome! I could even do the outlines and have my son color them for his room!

The place card idea is so cute too! I made a Bird Bird tray of cheese and crackers, along with Oscar out of broccoli. http://www.justmeasuringup.com/blog/whats-a-party-without-themed-food They turned out so cute!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com